Thursday, August 11, 2011

Cupcakes or Cake?

Some brides are now forgoing the traditional wedding cake to go with a more modern look of wedding cupcakes. At most of the weddings I have helped plan or planned myself, the bride has chosen to go with cupcakes! To me, I cannot fathom this for my wedding. I love new innovative decorating ideas, but to get rid of the traditional wedding cake seems like breaking a cardinal rule. After being exposed to the cupcake wedding idea, I have learned to not loathe it as much as I used to. I think a pros and cons chart is necessary for this!

Cupcakes
Pros  (I do's)                                      Cons (I don'ts)
- Cheaper                                          - Non traditional
- Cleaner                                           - No cake cutting ceremony
- Modern                                        
- More flavor options

Cakes
Pros  (I do's)                                     Cons (I don'ts)
- Creative                                         - Expensive
- Memorable                                    - Messy
- Cake Cutting ceremony                  - Lots of leftovers (sometimes)

In the end, I will always choose Wedding Cake over Cupcakes, because I love the traditional cake cutting ceremony! The best of both worlds would be to have two layers of wedding cake and the rest of the tiers be cupcakes. That way you can save the top layer for the one year anniversary and cut into the second layer during the reception!
                                                              Best of Both Worlds!
Source
                                                                         Cupcakes
Source

                                                                            Cake
Source

1 comment:

  1. I like the traditional value of the cake. However, I have had wedding cakes in the past that were terrible. So if the cake is gross, but the cupcakes are tasty then I go with cupcakes. Taste wins out for me.

    Then again I have also had very good wedding cake. So I think it depends on the bride and the type of cake... But if cupcakes is the choice then you should definitely have a layer of cake for the traditional cake cutting.
    Ha if this post makes any sense

    ReplyDelete