Sunday, September 18, 2011

Pinterest

My sister Sarah sent me an invitation to a website called "Pinterest." The basic idea behind it is a mash up of facebook and twitter. Basically, you create boards which are broad categories such as "Inspirational Quotes or My Wedding Ideas" and then you "pin" pictures and videos to those boards. Pinning is just another term for posting.

According to the Pinterest website, Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes. Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from other people who share your interests. 


It is quite addicting! You can follow your friends and share ideas back and forth and comment on their ideas or give them suggestions. I am currently using it to plan my wedding. The reason I love this site so much is because people who live far away from me i.e. My sister in Iowa, can participate in my wedding planning. She created her own board entitled "Lizzie's Wedding" and she posts pictures in there that she thinks I might like! Check it out. You have to request an invite. If you need an invite, just comment on this post with your email and I will invite you. 


Source
Source

1 comment: