Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Squishy and gooey part 1

While working my full time internship with Keith Watson Productions, I got to work with some really fun substances that go in vases. The first one I worked with was gel. The gel comes in a bottle and is a clear crystal form. Once water is added to it, it gets a jelly feel. Dye can be added to the gel to make it match your event colors. Also, items can be floated in the gel. At my internship, we floated mini disco balls, silly bands, roses, and heart shaped rose petals. The best part about the gel is that it is non toxic to flowers and it holds water to keep the flowers hydrated! As far as I know, the best way to get mass quantities of this gel is to go through a florist or floral wholesaler.


The gel can be made less thick by adding water!

Floating Rose Heads in the Huge Vase

Party with a water theme. We layered clear gel and blue gel to create this effect. 
To be continued......

1 comment:

  1. I like the last one! Looks eerily similar to decorations at a party I went to

    ReplyDelete