Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fairy Berries

Hello All.  From October 16th-23rd, I worked with Keith Watson Production in Gainesvile, FL. I was their spring intern, and they asked me back to help with their huge event called Noche De Gala, which is held at a beautiful farm called the Besilu Collection near Ocala, FL. This event is a fundraiser for the Sebastian Ferrero Foundation, which is a charity to build a specialized children's hospital as to minimize medical mistakes from doctors who aren't accustomed to working on children.

This year's theme was Enchanted or Enchanted Forest. It took Keith's team of 20 people or more including myself, a whole week to set up the party and only 6 hours to tear it down. This week and next week I will be showing you decor from this party and giving you cool DIY ideas for your own party!

Thanks for your patience with my blog!

The first awesome product I will tell you about are Fairy Berries. They are these little translucent orbs that blink on and off every so often so it gives the illusion of fairies or fireflies. It was incredible how much these little things could turn the event from just a forest into an enchanted forest!
Source

Source
The cost a little over a dollar per sphere and they last about 13-14 hours. My suggestion would be to place them in giant ferns that you can buy from Home Depot or any plant store. Use sticky stuff like this product called U-GLU. It's truly amazing! 
Source
Stick them to your centerpieces or in trees outside your venue! Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of these before, but I think they're a super creative decorating idea!

    ReplyDelete